Multilingual Desktop Publishing (DTP)
We want to provide our clients with the best possible services and thus help them save their time and money. Desktop Publishing or DTP is often one of the last steps of a typical translation project for a localized material to get the final look and shape. In other words, DTP stage means preparation for printing. This gets particularly important in the case of strategic materials the company may have, such as marketing documentation, product catalogues, advertising materials, company overview leaflets, briefs, posters, banners, etc. That is why DTP of multilingual content is a step that cannot be ignored.
The quality of the final material should always meet your expectations as it impacts the whole product and the brand itself.
Why is DTP essential?
- Some languages may expand in word count and require more space or smaller font size
- Some words can be dozens of characters long, requiring resizing of graphics and menu items
- Some languages change the order of layout because they are written right to left
- The formatted layout of localized materials should match the original and comply with target-language standards at the same time
Which programs do we work with for Desktop Publishing
Adobe Premiere Pro
Corel PaintShop Pro X6
The Print Shop Pro Publisher Deluxe
Xara Designer Pro X9
Xara Page & Layout Designer 9
Adobe Premiere Pro
Apple iWork Pages
Ready, Set, Go!
* Upon request we can also provide DTP services using software that runs on Unix-based operating systems, such as Linux or Solaris.
Multilingual Desktop Publishing Projects
Multilingual DTP service by VeroLing means:
- Time-saving process
- Specialists in all languages
- Strict control over formatting
- Experience with both Windows and Macintosh platforms
- Dedicated Project Manager
- DTP VEROfication* (QA step)
*DTP VEROfication – is the final stage of formatting verification of all the localized files with the original ones, either on screen or on printed copies. The key point is to ensure the accuracy of document fonts, layout, styles, and index entries. Our specialists use a unique checklist in order to find errors and eliminate them at that final stage. Read more about VeroLing Standard Quality Assurance Process in terms of technical translation.
Using a desktop publishing services enables you to create promotional materials for your business. Thanks to this method we can easily provide you with layouts for newsletters, banners, brochures, business cards and even books. Have a look at why Marketing and advertising translations are so important.
How much does it cost?
The cost of a multilingual desktop publishing project depends on:
- Number of pages
- Language combination
- Time to complete all the stages
- The document’s format
- Additional requirements the client has
Our managers will take their time to explain all the steps of our cooperation.
For a free and instant quote call us on +48 881 471 800 or simply send us an e-mail.